PURPLE CORN FLOUR
API CON AZUCAR
The Sweet Maize Drink Api is a super powder made of quinoa, amaranth, corn flour, dried fruits, cinnamon, sugar, clover, anis, lemon and soy and is consumed as an alternative source of proteins, vitamins A, C, and E and also contains Iron, Calcium, Phosphorus and Fibre. It is 100% natural and free of gluten and cholesterol, high in proteins and minerals, with no added starches.
Api’s main ingredient is made from the purple corn found in South America. It is used as a hot maize drink enjoyed in the morning in Bolivia and other South American countries. It has the quality of warming the body and nourishing your daily energy needs. Characterized by its unique purple tint. 100% Natural Purple Corn Flour. No added colours, flavours, or preservatives.
1. Mix 1 cups of Api with 2 cups of water in a bowl
2. Put the mixture to cook on medium to high heat
3. Add another 10 cups of boiled water depending on desired thickening consistency
4. Keep stirring to thicken and to avoid burning
5. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes depending on desired thickness
6. Add sugar to taste, if desired e.g. 4 tablespoons
7. Serve with pie, Bolivian buñuelos (sprinkled with icing sugar), or fried empanadas